The American fashion designer Ralph Lauren is a successful businessman and the 91st richest person in the world. But did you also know that Ralph Lauren has one of the world’s finest car collections with an estimated value of $350 million?
In 2015, Ralph Lauren (78 years old) stepped down as Chief Executive Officer for the Ralph Lauren company but he is still today Executive Chairman and the Chief Creative Officer.
Besides his great taste in fashion, his collection of over 70 cars includes some of the world’s rarest cars. In the 2017 New York Fashion week, Ralph Lauren’s car collection took center stage side by side with the models.
Ralph Lauren’s car collection includes:
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
- Two Ferrari Testarossas
- Three 1996 McLaren F1’s (one of them an ultra-rare McLaren F1 LM)
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing
- 1929 Bentley 4½ Litre (Blower Bentley”)
- Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic
- Porsche 997 GT3 RS
- Bugatti Veyron
- 1930 Mercedes-Benz SSK “Count Trossi” (aka “The Black Prince”)
- 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Mille Miglia
- Lamborghini Reventón Roadster
Best in show
The cars that won “Best in Show” at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance twice:
The 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic won in 1990 and his 1930 Mercedes-Benz SSK “Count Trossi” roadster took first place in 1993.