The British custom builders from Kevil’s Speed Shop has stripped down this low mileage Honda FX650 Vigor from 2000 and rebuilt it from the ground up. With great attention to detail and lots of custom solutions, they have managed to turn the vanilla commuter bike into a cool-looking cafè racer with retro vibes.
Retro look in metallic green, black and yellow
A new rear subframe has been handcrafted to fit the new style of the bike and the entire tail has been cleaned up for a neat appearance. To fit the new smaller proportions of the bike, a smaller tank from a Suzuki 125 was chosen to also give the impression of stretching the bike forward.
The frame and swingarm were cleaned up before finished in black and for the exterior, a classic Fiat 500 metallic green paint was chosen. With the bright yellow detailing, the color scheme is a bold choice but it fits well together – especially with the brown leather of the seat and handlebars tying it all together.
Specialized in custom bikes since the ’80s
Kevil’s Speed Shop operates from Devon, England and is headed by Kevin Hill; an experienced custom builder who has been in the game since the 1980s! The team is behind a number of exceptional BMW R-series custom bikes but they also offer smaller Japanese bikes – like the Honda FX650.
Specifications and features:
- Based on a low-mileage 2000 Honda FX650 Vigor
- New rear subframe
- Blacked out spoked wheels wrapped in vintage Firestone style tires
- Clip-on bars
- Brown leather Tuck n Roll upholstery
- Custom stainless exhaust system
- LED mini-speedo
- Custom cafe racer fibreglass seat
- Led indicators
- Headlight fairing
- Yellow details
- Tank from a Suzuki 125
- Engine: Honda 644cc (air-cooled) coated with an American industrial finish
- YSS rear shock
- Frame and swingarm finished in black
- Box style section supports the seat and rider and hides electrical components
- Underseat section filled out all the way to the edge of the fibreglass
- Matching battery box in black
- Metallic green paint from a classic Fiat 500