Ironwood Custom Motorcycles did it again! This time they have custom built this Yamaha XSR700 and turned it into a brutal looking bike with great handling. We present to you “The Enforcer”.
Custom built Yamaha XSR700
Since 2012, the Dutch shop Ironwood Custom Motorcycles has been the one to watch for classic BMW’s in Western Europe. That said, they also create awesome bikes from other brands. For their latest project, the team started with a 689cc inline twin Yamaha XSR700 and took inspiration from the 2-year old XSR700 caferacer for TW Steel.
Brutal looks and great handling
The customer wanted a brutal looking bike with an attitude similar to the caferacer but with a more upright position for better handling. Ironwood took the requirements into account and accomplished a great performance by installing a handlebar instead of clip-ons and exchanging the entire front for a Yamaha YZF-R1, including the brakes.
They also swapped the wheels for slick carbon wheels, added an edgy & compact gas tank and installed a short custom brat seat. Remarkably, no welding or cutting was needed – but the long list of modifications and specs underlines the magnitude of the project. (scroll down)
The new bars and bulky wheels gives the bike a scrambler/tracker look but the biggest visual transformation is the new tank. The masterpiece is shaped in aluminum by specialist Marcel van der Stelt who has also made the front fender. One of Holland’s top custom painters, Jacco at Royal Jack is behind the stunning grey and vermillion (brilliant red) paint.
The Enforcer specifications:
- Custom aluminum gas tank
- Custom aluminum front fender
- Yamaha after-market radiator cover and rear set
- Custom aluminum chainguard
- MT-07 pipes with Ixil SX1 muffler
- Custom fork brace with integrated Motogadget Pro Scope speedometer
- Custom seat upholstery with integrated led tail lights
- Rear led indicators lights integrated in frame
- Yamaha R1 Upside Down front fork
- Yamaha R1 front brakes (calipers and discs)
- DNA pod filters with red leather tops
- Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa tires, rear tire upgrade from 160 to 180.
- LSL Carbon handlebar
- Motogadget Motoscope Pro speedo, soft grips, bar end mirrors and M-pin front indicators
- Koso ‘thunderbolt’ led headlight
- Barracuda license plate holder and side panels
- Rotobox RBX2 wheels (Carbon)