Nothing beats a home-cooked meal and the Koda pizza oven by Ooni will take your pizzas to the next level. The portable gas-powered pizza oven will make outdoor cooking your new favorite hobby.
Disclaimer: Article contains affiliate links*
The Koda pizza oven by Ooni
The Koda portable oven can heat up to 932°F in just 15 minutes and the high temperature will give you perfect pizzas in just 60 seconds. The compact oven has a very simple design that makes assembly fast and cleaning easy. You can also easily bring your oven with you and set it up wherever you like.
The propane-powered system delivers an instant gas ignition and the insulated carbon steel shell and flame keeper device has optimum heat retention. Compared to the previous wood-fired models, the Koda oven is easier to use and allows you to focus on cooking – and enjoying the great food that comes out of it. Should you still be interested in cooking with fire, Ooni still sells their original Uuni 3 wood-fired pizza oven and the bigger Ooni Pro.
“No assembly, no ness, no fuss. Cooking outdoors with gas has never been so simple (or so beautiful)”
- Insulated carbon steel shell and flame keeper device
- Optimum heat retention – dishes cook super fast
- Propane for an instant ignition and ideal for outdoor or backyard cookouts
- Fires up to 932°F in 15 minutes and cooks a pizza in under 60 seconds
- Also excellent for cooking steak, fish, vegetables, and many other types of food
- Simple assembly allows the Koda oven to be ready to use in mere seconds
- Lightweight and compact frame makes the Koda oven portable and easy to pack away
- Built-in Flame Safety Device (FSD) will automatically cut off the gas supply to Ooni Koda if the flame is extinguished while the gas supply is on
Price: Only $299.00 USD
Guide: How to make the perfect original Pizza Margherita
Start with a good home-made pizza dough: see the recipe from Ooni here. Put in the time, we promise you it’s worth it!
- Use a classic tomato sauce that’s both juicy and sweet: see the recipe from Ooni here.
- Prepare your pizza oven and while it heats up, flour your pizza peel and spread the pizza dough over the top, followed by the classic tomato sauce
- Add sliced mozzarella cheese (and lots of it) and slide the pizza into the oven
- Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes and remove from the heat
- Before serving, season with salt and black pepper and ass a small handful of fresh basil to garnish.
Enjoy more recipes!
The story of Ooni
Actually, the story of Ooni starts with the story of Uuni, as this was the company’s first name. The outdoor cookware company was founded in 2012 by husband-and-wife team, Kristian Tapaninaho and Darina Garland. With a passionate vision and great prototype, Kristian and Darina launched their first Ooni project on Kickstarter in November 2012. The possibility to cook world-class pizza in your own backyard in just 60 seconds was an instant success!
After the first successful oven, Ooni has continued to develop more products – including the Uuni 3 for 12” pizzas, Ooni Pro for 16” pizzas as well as a range of accessories for the passionate pizzaiolos. Due to some unforeseen problems with the first company name, Ooni decided to go with a new name from July 2018 and the company has now grown into a multi-award-winning, family-run business based in Scotland.
The original pizza
Pizza has an ancient history with various cultures producing flatbreads with different toppings. The focaccia developed into pizza, which was first documented as a word in 997 A.D. Pizza was mainly eaten in Italy or by emigrants from Italy, but after World War II, Allied troops having been stationed in Italy came to enjoy the pizza and brought it back with them. There are many different varieties of pizza, but one of the most traditional is the Neapolitan pizza from Naples. Neapolitan style is made with tomatoes (either San Marzano or Roma tomatoes) and mozzarella di Bufalo (mozzarella cheese made from the milk of Italian Mediterranean buffalo). The art of making the traditional Neapolitan pizza is included on UNESCO’s list of intangible cultural heritage.
View this post on Instagram
*Products in our Buyer’s Guide section is carefully chosen and we recommend only the best for our loyal audience. Bear in mind that this article contains affiliate links and if you purchase via our links – Old News Club will earn a commission.