The P-51 Combat Fighter by Confederate Motorcycles is the world’s first and only vehicle to be carved entirely from solid billet blocks of military-grade aluminum. The result is an incredibly powerful and raw chopper that is guaranteed to both thrill and scare its driver!
The P-51 Combat Fighter
The head turning P-51 Combat Fighter is constructed entirely out of 6061 aerospace billet aluminum. To match the aggressive aesthetics, the team at Confederate Motorcycles has equipped the chopper with a big-block, air-cooled V-twin engine that produces more than 145BHP along with 170 lb.-ft of torque. The bike has also been outfitted with a 5-speed overdrive, straight cut transmission and lightweight carbon fiber wheels wrapped in road-gripping Pirelli tires.
Raw American power
The design can be categorized as a naked-superbike or power roadster. The radical design has a strong retro flavor with the upper lines falling across the tank area, the classic solo seat, the triangular swingarm and the girder-looking front end.
Despite of distinctive looks and the WWII-inspired nameplate, the P-51 Combat Fighter is very much a fully-modern function-driven machine. The engine makes the bike the ‘biggest kid on the playground’ and the built-to-last design is both brutal, minimalistic and highly complex at the same time.
There exists both beauty and brutality in the P-51 Combat Fighter aesthetic and the way it rides you. It is the metaphor for American rebellion.
– Confederate Motorcycles
About Confederate Motorcycles
The vehicles designed and handcrafted by Confederate Motorcycles are inspired by a raw, rebel spirit they call ‘the American Way’. Established in 1991, the team has strong values and defined design principles that go into everything that they do – never compromising and always using the finest materials. True American hand-craftsmanship that has made their exclusive bikes highly desired!
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide For Motorcycle Gear:
- Best Motorcycle Backpacks
- Coolest Motorcycle Aviator Goggles
- Motorcycle Ankle Boots
- GUIDE: Gear For A Motorcycle Roadtrip
- Top-10 Retro Motorcycle Gloves
- Best Black Leather Jackets
- Carbon Fiber Open Face Helmets
P-51 Combat Fighter specifications:
- Engine: 132 cubic inch (2,163cc) 56-degree air cooled V-twin
- Power: 145 bhp at 5,100 rpm
- Torque: 160 ft-lb at 2,000 rpm
- Chassis: Machined aluminum monocoque, massive 7 in. backbone containing fuel load
- Top Speed: Over 160mph
- Suspension: Double wishbone, monoshock front suspension, cantilever monoshock rear suspension, fully adjustable
- Dimensions: 62.5 in. wheelbase, 29.5 in. seat height, 560 lb (wet)
- Wheels: 19 in. carbon front wheel, 17 in. carbon disc rear wheel
- Tires: 120/70ZR19 front, 240/45ZR17 rear
- Fuel Capacity: 3.75 US gallons/16.25 liters
The Confederate Motorcycles will be producing a total of 61 bikes (30 black and 31 raw aluminum). Each of them will be handmade by two highly skilled craftsmen and carrying a price tag of $125,000-135.000 USD.