The Voiture chronograph watch by Nezumi® Studios shows uncompromising attention to detail. The classic chronograph is inspired by the 60s and 70s and includes sophisticated styling cues from iconic racing timepieces of the era. The man behind the brand is Stockholm based concept designer David Campo Cárdenes who is both a watch and vintage race car enthusiast.
Kickstarting the Nezumi watch collection
David Campo Cárdenes made the first sketch of the Voiture chronograph in 2014. The idea came from his passion for vintage timepieces and classic race cars and he wanted to create a watch with inspiration from the 1960s and 70s chronographs. Several suppliers around the world were tested before the best of the best was finally selected and Nezumi® Studios initiated their campaign on Kickstarter in September 2015. The campaign was one of the most successful watch campaigns in 2015 and ensured the needed funding for producing the first 3 color options of the Voiture. Since then, new models have been added to the watch collection and Nezumi® Studios also offers a range of accessories from straps and bracelets to driving gloves.
The Voiture is a classic, accurate and sophisticated chronograph with a true racing vibe.
The Voiture design & features
The Voiture is a classic, accurate and sophisticated chronograph with a true racing vibe. It takes styling cues from several iconic racing chronographs – one of them the Omega Speedmaster. Other more discrete elements are paying tribute to a mixture of vintage icons from the Rolex Daytona, Zenith El Primero, Tudor Monte Carlo and Heuer Monaco.
Related: why do watches need jewels?
The Voiture is a three-register chronograph built into a 40mm case with a lug-to-lug size of 47mm. The case is a brushed 316L Stainless Steel case with double domed genuine sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective coating on the inside. It has a fixed bezel with a Techymetre scale insert in satin black with silver markings and a push down crown with the N logo (for Nezumi).
Nezumi® Studios have created a stunning timepiece with classic proportions and great finish. The watch is produced with high-quality materials and the attention to details stands out. In our opinion, the two best examples of this is the case back with the logo engraved and the outstanding perforated rally strap in vegetable tanned leather which will evolve a beautiful patina over time. We love all the available color options but absolutely adore the featured model ref. VQ2.101 with an off-white & black dial.
Related: Best Watch Straps For Hot Summer Days
SPECIFICATIONS: Voiture REF. VQ2.101 chronograph
DIAL & HANDS
- Off-white & black dial, off-white & black sub dials with circular texture.
- Polished hour/minute hands, orange chronograph hand, black & off-white sub dial hands.
- Off-white Swiss Luminova on steel hands and indices.
- Fixed bezel with a Tachymetre scale insert, satin black with silver markings.
- Push down crown with N logo.
- Screw on machined case back with branding.
- Waterproof to 5 ATM.
- VK63 Hybrid mechanical quartz movement.
- Made by Seiko.
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide For Watch Collectors:
- Best Canvas and Leather Watch Rolls
- The Best Watch Winders For One Watch
- Our Top 10 Best Watch Wooden Watch Boxes
- Guide: Watch Straps For Summer
- 7 Great Watch Stands To Display Your Favorite Timepiece
- Guide: How Does A Chronograph Work?
- How to Use a Tachymeter and Telemeter
- 8 Books About Watches & Watchmaking