Theon Design has raised the bar when it comes to restoring and modifying Porsche 911s. Since their launch in 2017, the company quickly got a reputation as the British challenger to Singer. Check out their new custom Porsche recreation and you’ll know why – you won’t be disappointed!
Custom built Porsches by Theon Design
Since 2017, Theon Design has restored classic Porsches out of their workshop in Deddington, North Oxfordshire, England. It all started with a Recreation prototype that director and lifelong Porsche fan Adam Hawley made and received phenomenal feedback on. Another helping hand came from the Lovecars team and a YouTube video featuring Tiff Needell as he visits the Theon Design workshop in England and takes the prototype out for a drive. The first Recreation is the follow-up to the successful prototype, and it is everything that we could have wished for!
The first Theon Design Recreation
The Recreation is based on a Porsche 964 and the car retains steel for the main body shell and bespoke arches. Despite this, Theon Design has removed 400kg from a standard C2 964 with their clever use of materials including carbon fiber. Power-wise, the Recreation has a 4.0 L engine that produces 400 bhp and to ensure great performance, the suspension has been upgraded with adjustable Ohlins and brakes from a 964 RS. As a true drivers’ car this is made for breath-taking acceleration and dynamic performance!
The exterior has been designed with proportions to optimize the iconic Porsche 911. The modified arches accentuate the original form but create elegant aggression that gives the car an outstanding presence.
For the interior, Theon Design has chosen a ‘stripped out’ theme which includes a blend of body color and gorgeous automotive leather-wrapped panels. The look is not only elegant and clean, but it also has a contemporary twist while keeping the vintage sports car heritage intact. Theon Design has successfully blended the best of the classic looks and added modern design twists, power, and comfort to create a driving experience that they describe as ‘totally unique and exciting’.
See the specifications below…
- Donor car: Porsche 911 (964) from 1989-1994
- Weight optimization: -400 kg compared to standards C2 964
- Engine: rebuilt engine with single mass flywheel by leading Porsche specialist
- Power: 400 bhp
- Suspension: adjustable Ohlins
- Brakes: 964 RS
- Gearbox: Getrag G50
- Carbon Fibre bumpers (1.3 kg)
- Steel body and arches
- Custom paint
- Wider arches
- Custom exhaust with switchable valves
- Interior: ‘stripped out’ theme with leather-wrapped panels
- Wiring looms completely replaced with modified Porsche looms
- Lights: Bi-Xenon headlights
- Fully road legal
- Available customizations: steel or carbon fiber body, engines ranging from 3.6 L to 4.0 L, interior in ‘stripped Out Sports’ or ‘Cossetted Luxury’, upgraded suspension, brakes, 5 or 6-speed manual and technology. Available in 12 colors inspired by Porsche’s of the ’60s and ’70s. Further personalization available.
Price on asking.