If you always dreamed about becoming an astronaut, you will love this watch from Werenbach! At the heart of the Mach 33 watch is a piece of the Soyuz rocket – a spaceborn aircraft that delivered astronauts to the International Space Station.
If you want something more authentic than this,
you’ll have to reclaim a rocket yourself!
Watch built from space rocket material
There are so many great watches on the market that it’s difficult to choose! Finding a design that you like is one thing, but it’s also about the details and that “extra” element that tells the right story and means something special to you. If you are interested in space exploration, the Mach 33 watch offers a unique story and contains real rocket material from Soyuz rockets that have been used to transport astronauts to the International Space Station.
After returning to Earth, the rockets are recovered in Kazakhstan and go through an elaborate treatment process before the material is ready for watch production. The collection from the Swiss watchmaker Werenbach gives you the opportunity to wear a piece of space history directly on your wrist.
The Werenbach Mach 33 watch
The Werenbach Mach 33 watches contain 96% original rocket steel in the heart of each dial – that was originally part of the heavy Soyuz rocket engine. As a special feature, the case hasn’t got a single screw or a back casing. Instead, it’s made from a single piece of metal that gives a special look that signals bot genuine quality and simplicity. Depending on which style and detailing you prefer, you can choose between a classic, sport or special version.
Learn all about what a chronograph watch is, and how it works.
The special versions named RTS with flags incorporated into the straps are limited versions only available in 199 pieces each.
If you’re looking for something even more unique, Werenbach also offers exclusive watches where the dials are cut directly from the outer shell of the rocket or the case is made from a melted down rocket engine. If you want something more authentic than this, you’ll have to reclaim a rocket yourself!
- The plate of these dials comes from rocket booster material
- Casing is made from a single piece of metal (monohull)
- Sapphire crystal
- Movement from Miyota,GM10, Quartz
- Weight: 70 g
- Height: 9 mm
- Diameter 38-42 mm
- Waterproof: 5 ATM
- Luminous material: Super Luminova
- Dial: Fairing or booster shell inside, aluminium, original processes
- Available in three different models: Sport, Classic and Special
- Two case sizes: 42 mm and 38 mm
- Astronaut’s view of Earth activated by smartphone in real time
- Selection of straps in leather, rubber, textile
- Limited editions with nation-specific straps
Price: $318.60 – 342.56 USD for the Mach 33 depending on nation/color option (excl. VAT).
Related: why do watches need jewels?
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide For Watch Collectors:
- Best Canvas and Leather Watch Rolls
- The Best Watch Winders For One Watch
- Our Top 10 Best Watch Wooden Watch Boxes
- Guide: Watch Straps For Summer
- 7 Great Watch Stands To Display Your Favorite Timepiece
- Guide: How Does A Chronograph Work?
- How to Use a Tachymeter and Telemeter
- 8 Books About Watches & Watchmaking